Monday, January 14, 2008

where's the hamster?



Teaching first grade provides a ton of laughs on a daily basis. Today was no exception. We were looking at a map of the United States this morning as we discussed the difference between a state and the United States and especially about the shape of Texas as compared to the shape of the USA. I then pointed out Florida (Disney World), California, Colorado and then Mexico. One of my boys raised his hand and very seriously asked, "Where is the hamster?" I, of course asked him to repeat the question. I then realize that I heard him correct the first time and replied, "I'm not sure I understand your question." He then goes on to say, "You know, the new hamster, I want to know where the new hamster is." I had quite a hard time keeping a straight face. The look on his face was priceless when I told him what the name of the state was actually New Hampshire. What a cutie. I will have to stand next to him in the morning when we say the Pledge, there's no telling what he's saying during that.




When looking for the hamster picture above I stumbled across Hamster Heaven. Check out Syd, he's hamster of the week. There's even a webcam of some poor, caged-up rodent. Seriously, you can "check out the antics" of this guy's hamsters.

3 comments:

mcsteans said...

OMG that is too funny. Please keep posting weird kid stuff - you have to have a ton of stories!

Bridget said...

I'm crying...that is TOO funny!!! Don't you just love what kids say?!?

Molly said...

Hilarious!!!! Do 31 year olds really have hamsters????