Magical Peanut Butter Cookies. I love Paula Deen. I adore her and I have never gone wrong using one of her recipes...although yesterday I had my doubts. Sunday she did a show about cooking healthier (if that is possible for her) and she had this recipe for peanut butter cookies using Splenda. I had never baked with Splenda before but had bought some to have on hand just in case.
I was very worried when I took the cookies out. They were a weird consistency and had an odd flavor. I was a little disappointed. I even tried adding chocolate chips to the last batch. They tasted very off. This evening I decided to go ahead and try one for dessert and to my surprise they were actually quite good. They must be like pound cake; tastes better 2-3 days after you bake it. So, yeah for Paula and yeah for baking with Splenda.
1 comment:
I love Paula Deen too - she's cute when she says "oops, almost forgot to add the butter!" and then dumps in 2 sticks.
Post a Comment