Monday, June 16, 2008

the little graduate


Last week my nephew, Paris, graduated from kindergarten. He was so excited! All the kids would sing a couple of songs and then the graduates would take turns sharing something they wrote or a book they could read. Paris wrote a few of letters to the first graders about what he had learned in school. My favorite part was when Paris wrote how much his teachers would miss him. It was really funny because all the kiddos before him would say how much they would miss their friends and teachers. Not Paris, he knows that they will miss him. He is such a cutie!

Ava, Paris' sister, my niece, also goes to school there and was part of the singing group. She just about stole the show! She will be the next American Idol! Ava loves music and gets so into singing and dancing. I wish a had a good photo of this. She had everyone in stitches. Here she is anyway, singing a Japanese song with two other kiddos from her class. Ava is on the right in the flower print dress.
I can't wait to see them this weekend. We will be at a family reunion. I'll have to post more about them next week. BTW, Betty, this post is for you! I will work on posting more often :-)

No comments: